BROOKS E-LEARNING NEED TO KNOW
Brooks E-Learning Days
What does that mean for our students?
Dear Brooks Families,
The events of the last weeks are stunning. We have been inundated with news and information that can be overwhelming. Below, I have attempted to provide you with succinct information that will assist you as we move to E-Learning Days for our students:
March 16-17 Preplanned Days Off (NO E-Learning)
March 18-20 E-Learning Days
March 23-27 E-Learning Days
March 30-April3 Spring Break
April 6 Stay Tuned…
1. Each E-Learning Day, you will receive a correspondence from the teacher with the assigned learning activities for the day. You will receive this communication by 9:00 a.m. Some teachers may choose to list the activities for several days at a time (they will be specific).
2. Some activities will be paper/pencil and others will be on-line (especially for our students in grades 2-5 who have a Chromebook)
3. Art, Music, PE, PA, ELL, Reading Improvement and Special Education activities will be included as appropriate.
4. Teachers will be checking their e-mails routinely throughout the day. Therefore, if you have questions about your child’s activities, you may email the teacher and they will promptly respond.
5. The office will be open on Monday, March 16 from 8:00-3:00. If you need to pick up materials for your child, they will be available for pick up.
6. At this moment, the office will be open for calls each day from 8:00-3:00. Please call if you are unable to reach the classroom teacher by email. (630-375-3200)
7. You will receive information from the district regarding attendance procedures for E-Learning Days.
In the fall, our teachers did a remarkable job of preparing meaningful ideas and activities for a potential E-Learning day. However, this was done with the idea of a random snow day. Therefore, I ask for your understanding and patience as we roll out a new plan for an extended period of time. As we receive feedback, we will strive to make this unfortunate situation as supportive of our students as possible.
Lastly, and most importantly, our entire staff wishes your family good health. If we can be of assistance to your family in ANY WAY, please contact the office for assistance. We are committed to our students and families, despite having no face to face interaction at this time. I will continue to keep you updated.